Which HVAC actuator to replace?

marineguy99

Original poster
Mar 21, 2014
I've searched prior threads and I'm pretty sure which HVAC actuator I need to replace. I wanted to confirm in order to ensure the least amount of under the dash time as possible.

2004 EXT I-6 LS, Manual dual slid red/blue temp sliders.

I have cold and hot functions on both sides. I can change the air from top (defrost) to floor and a blend of that. I can not get the front (face) vents to blow air. I'm thinking I need to replace the "FLOOR/DASH VENT". Does that sound right?

Also, I'm going to try the recalibration a couple of more times with the pull the fuse/2min off, etc. process. If there are any tips outside the norm, I would appreciate it.

1708714373889.png

Attachments

• 1708714350424.png
    1708714350424.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 1

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This image is an amplified version of yours that has additional component part numbers and identification:

allactuators.jpg
Some additional Tips and Tricks from "The Roadie" via an older TV Thread:

marineguy99

Original poster
Mar 21, 2014
Thanks. Yes, that is the same diagram I was looking at . I just didn't cut and paste the bottom of it.

Reactions: mrrsm

marineguy99

Original poster
Mar 21, 2014
Post installation comments:

I replaced the Floor/Dash Vent Mode actuator. I tried recalibrating the "manual" way which didn't work and I tried using an X Tool D7 which didn't work. The trick is to line the gears in the correct orientation before installing. This will more than likely require the gears on the actuator to be moved. You can't just push on the actuator teeth to move them, it takes current. I bought a variable rate (DC 3-36volt) power supply for cheap on Amazon for $18. I used this to move the actuator in the proper position prior to installing.

Victory! I now have face vent air which is a must have for the hot days ahead.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online

No members online now.