SOLVED! Where is the air pump? (The tire pump in the back, not for the engine)

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
My 2004 Envoy XUV has an electric tire pump in the back, nothing happens when I push the switch. The power outlet back there works.

Can anyone tell me where exactly the pump is located before I go removing all the interior panels?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
Is there a code, like code 410?
I haven't pulled out my scan tool since I got this vehicle. Given the complexity it's amazing I've been lucky enough to need nothing more than eyes, ears, and a multimeter.

I'm pretty sure it is the same one that is used for the rear air suspension on vehicles that have it. That pump is mounted inside the frame above the spare tire.

gmonly

Feb 14, 2023
USA
I haven't pulled out my scan tool since I got this vehicle. Given the complexity it's amazing I've been lucky enough to need nothing more than eyes, ears, and a multimeter.

I'm pretty sure it is the same one that is used for the rear air suspension on vehicles that have it. That pump is mounted inside the frame above the spare tire.
Yes, the pump is on the frame, but there should be a code if it is the pump relay, which they are known to go bad. No, since in replacing the pump if it's a relay, because you would still have the same problem.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online