what happened?

Chevy4ever

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
Hi guys,

I wanted to share some pics of my TB, with some minor updates.
When trying to add images to the message, and hitting the OK button, it does not add the image to the message, but freezes....can not close it anymore....won't add the pic to the message.

What is going on?

Thanks!

Eelco

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
What browser are you using? How large are the pictures?

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I don't waste time trying to troubleshoot that poor excuse for a browser (IE) anymore. Please use any of the other browsers to visit this site, or any site on the net as often as possible to avoid aggravations such as this.

Upvote 0

Chevy4ever

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
I click the IMAGE button (or icon) and paste the URL to an image I have on Flickr. Then I click OK, but nothing happens. Even worse....when I press the cancel button, the whole page just freezes. Before the update (or migration to another server) I did not have this problem.

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The main question was 'What browser are you using?"

Yes, the behavior might have changed with the new forum software, but if other users with other browsers aren't having the problem, it's a question best addressed to Microsoft, assuming you're on IE. They're the ones who love to ship non-compliant software and expect the world to change to suit them, as if they're the standard.

Upvote 0

Chevy4ever

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
I use IE 11, since the day it was launched.

Reactions: big ed
Upvote 0

Chevy4ever

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
Thanks for the solution.
But still, it is kinda weird that of the 10 forums I am active on, I need to install a different browser to be able to put some pictures up for just on of them. Also tells something about the forum software imho.

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Not the first time (nor the last I'm sure) that I've seen IE break something stupid, even if only on just one site. That's par for the course with IE.

Every time MS releases an IE update they break something. I think it must be some sort of rule they have just to screw with web devs.

Upvote 0

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I use Chrome mostly on my PC and Safari on my iPhone. I also use Safari, Opera, FF, and IE on the PC.

Having the displeasure of testing sites for compatibility from time to time, I've found that since IE6, it is the LEAST compatible browser. Checking hardware firewalls and router logs, Chrome seems to be the most secure and fastest. FF is very good, but the way it was made fast was to drop the plug ins and let you add them. If you want them though you give up some security.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tcwest38

Members Online