U1016, u1026, u1064

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Hello.
I've started having yet another intermittent problem. Car starts fine, after a few minutes I depress the accelerator and the engine won't rev. After 15-45 seconds it goes back to normal and runs ok. I currently have codes U1016, u1026, u1064 as well as a p0449 which I don't think is related.

A few weeks ago all dash lights came on and the gauges went dead and the radio had no power while driving, but the car continued to run. I turned key and everything reset.

Any thoughts? Thank You in advance.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
U1000 Data Link Connection Error (Class 2)
U1064 ABS Lost Communication - Cam Position Sensor
U1016 ABS Lost Communications ECM/PCM/VCM
U1026 Loss of Class 2 Comm

Please Review the Classic Video linked below produced by Will Robinson on "How To Diagnose Class 2 Network UXXXX Codes" and follow his Step By Steps for Isolating BOTH Splice Packs:

(1) Located under the Driver's Side Knee Bolster on the Left Side:

UNDERDASHSPLICEPACKJX205.jpg

(2) Located under the Passenger Right Rear Seat ...under the Carpet Flap:

UNDEREARPASGRSEATJX306.jpg

These instructions will help to isolate ALL of the Modules in the Vehicle in both the Front & Rear sections of the SUV and help to run down the Errant Module. Please do not start by changing or disassembling any Vehicle Components until you have a more precise direction in which to go...including any Suspect PCM without first examining the Wire Bundles and Three Connectors for Damage or Wire Breaks:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooseman

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Thanks MRRSM. I watched the video, twice. I'm going to start trying to isolate the problem. I'm doubtful I will figure it out, but I don't have any other options at this point. I appreciate your help very much. Enjoy your weekend!

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
We have many Smart Folks here at GMT Nation that will probably pitch in and help with coming up with a solution. This a great community because of "The GM Repair Hive Mind" coming to bear and getting to the bottom of problematic things. :>)

Reactions: Mike534x

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online

No members online now.