NEED HELP trans line pressure low

jonnnnyj

Original poster
Apr 15, 2024
travelers rest SC.
my 03 Yukon slips when shifting from 2nd to 3rd but if I plug in my buddy's snap-on Solus scan tool and go into active testing and turn up the amperage to the line pressure solenoid just .2 tenths of an amp going from 1.0 to 1.2 the thing shifts like its brand new. I understand I can drop the trans pan and get to the solenoid coil in front of the valve body and with a small Allen wrench I can manually turn the amperage up but I don't know witch way to turn it clockwise or counterclockwise can anybody tell me or tell me how to make the change in the amperage of the program so it will save the change without having to reflash the computer

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe you just need to replace the solenoid? Never heard of changing the amperage to it unless this can be done in a tune by increasing shift pressures. Another thing you could try is resetting the trans. adapts which will reset the learned shift pressures. Of course a fluid and filter change wouldn't hurt if not already done. Have seen some where they were neglected and doing this fixed it up.

Reactions: mrrsm

jonnnnyj

Original poster
Apr 15, 2024
travelers rest SC.
thanks Mooseman for the input I think I might replace the solenoid although I was told by a tranny guy I could turn up the amps by adjusting the solenoid I just don't know witch n way I'm sposed to turn it i would assume clockwise but not sure he said if I turn it more than an eighth of a turn it will shift like a top fuel dragester

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't think they're adjustable. I don't see anything on it that would allow it. It's a fixed coil, like a relay. The PCM controls it via PWM (Pulse Width Modulation). That's probably what you were changing.

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Had the same issue with my '03 Suburban; saw it referred to as the 2-3 flare. After a little experimentation I found that when I triggered the Tow/Haul mode (makes the shifts a little stiffer) it no longer slipped when shifting.

I had a Hypertech Max Energy Power Programmer (yeah, I know, a waste of $$) that allows you to increase shift firmness by 25%, 50%, 75% & 100%. After a little more experimentation I selected 25% and it no longer flares on the 2-3 shift. This was at 135K miles and it now has 187K. Note, I am now more conservative on the gas pedal. Regular fluid & filter changes are also a must.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online