Saab 9-7x

Jan 19, 2021
us
i have a 97x and i’ve haven’t had any electrical issues with it

it’s a saab but isn’t it’s a trailblazer dressed up like a saab basically other than the ignition in the center console it’s a trailblazer

the ignition switch sometime starts to act up with these trucks and the ignition switch is specific to the 97x.. not to mention they do not make it anymore SO if the switch goes wonky then you will have to search the the web for a used replacement

other than that fun truck i have the aero version so yeah bigger fun

Reactions: Mooseman

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
"In my twenties seen so many problems with Saabs that I would never buy one, however this is tempting."
Did you notice that it states "CEL on" ? so if bought you will start out with a problem...:deal:

Jan 19, 2021
us
that link you provided only takes me to the homepage so i was not able to check the saab out

but if the check engine light is on that’s a red flag regardless of the vehicle

that could be something simple to something very very not simple without pulling the code you just don’t know

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Found it by doing a search.

It also says it has a problem with the rear suspension. Probably the rear air bags or the compressor. It can be easily and cheaply fixed by replacing them with springs.

Says it's running despite that CEL. Could be something simple and in any case, should be repairable with proper diagnosis. However, the BIG problem looking closely at the hood is that it's rusted through. And they are made of unobtainium. The front bumper is also sagging which means the inner structure is letting go. That could be corrected but it is a common problem with these along with the rusting hoods so used ones won't likely be any better.

These trucks have absolutely nothing in common with its Swedish cousins except the funky center ignition switch and usually broken dash cup holder. It's a USA built GMT360 truck. Mechanical parts are interchangeable with the TB and Envoy. Almost all body parts are exclusive to this truck though.

Jan 19, 2021
us
These trucks have absolutely nothing in common with its Swedish cousins except the funky center ignition switch and usually broken dash cup holder.
bro if i could find the designer of the cup holder situation in these trucks i would slap him

its completely ridiculous

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online