Power steering line hold down bracket

MPB

Original poster
Feb 26, 2023
New York
Does anybody know where to get one of those power steering line hold down brackets on a 06 trailblazer 4.2 ? it goes over a rubber grommet that holds the power steering lines down on top of the strut well, mine is rusted out pretty good along with one of PS lines, they’re known to be a water trap. They are diagram number 3, 4 and 5 in this diagram, bolt, bracket and rubber bushing.
If anybody could tell me the part numbers I’d appreciate it, this is just a picture I found but I couldn’t find the part numbers

Attachments

• IMG_0165.png
    IMG_0165.png
    377.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Like THIS?

s-l160N0.jpg

Or... FWIW... You could easily fabricate and bend-drill out a Bracket from some Scrap 1/8" X 4" X 6" piece of Unpainted Steel and use a New S/S M10 X 1.25(1.50?) X 15mm (Or... M13 X 1.50 X 15mm) Fastener and then place it over Several Cuts of some 5/8" X 6" Long Split Fuel Lines in the same location and accomplish the very same thing. Then use some Rust-O-Leum Red Primer and some Quality Black Enamel Spray Paint to make it a serviceable "Stand-In Part" on this Job... for a VERY long time afterwards:

POWERSTEERINGLINESHARDWARE.jpg

Last edited:

MPB

Original poster
Feb 26, 2023
New York
Like THIS?

View attachment 110595

Or... FWIW... You could easily fabricate and bend-drill out a Bracket from some Scrap 1/8" X 4" X 6" piece of Unpainted Steel and use a New S/S M10 X 1.25(1.50?) X 15mm (Or... M13 X 1.50 X 15mm ) Fastener and place it over a couple of Several Cuts of some 5/8" X 6" Split Fuel Lines in the same location and accomplish the very same thing. Then use some Rust-O- Lleum Red Primer and some Quality Black Enamel Spray Paint to make it a servicable "Stand-In" on this Job... for a VERY long time afterwards:

View attachment 110596
Yes thanks that’s one way of doing it, was kind of hoping to get a part number and buy an OEM from the dealer if still available?

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Perhaps Downloading the GM OEM Shop Manual for your Year-Make-Model of GMT360 via THIS Link will have enough information with the Right Part Numbers to be able to use gmpartsdirect.com to order one On-Line.

MPB

Original poster
Feb 26, 2023
New York
Perhaps Downloading the GM OEM Shop Manual for your Year-Make-Model of GMT360 via THIS Link will have enough information with the Right Part Numbers to be able to use gmpartsdirect.com to order one On-Line.

I actually downloaded that and went there earlier and couldn’t find it on there, found everything else but that lol

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Damn... Oh Well... I Guess You'll have to "Take a Swing At My CHIN" for missing the mark on THIS One... :frown:

MPB

Original poster
Feb 26, 2023
New York
Damn... Oh Well... I Guess You'll have to "Take a Swing At My CHIN" for missing the mark on THIS One... :frown:
Oh well, I appreciate the effort, hopefully someone will see the diagram and have the part numbers that align with the diagram numbers on here, thanks again

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
"So Shines a Good Deed... Upon a Weary World"... Willie Wonka

Reactions: MPB

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm pretty sure they're long discontinued. When I replaced my lines because they rusted out right in that rubber isolator, I just zip tied them together. If you want to be fancy, you could get zip ties with an eyelet that you could screw into the strut tower. Or the brackets that @mrrsm suggested.

Reactions: mrrsm and MPB

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silverado QS

Members Online