No heat

Timber

Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
Rust belt
First I will say Hello to all. while looking around online I found this site interesting and decided to join. My current challenge is I was hearing a clicking coming from dash area when starting TB, and had a blend of cold/ warm air blowing from vents. I pulled hvac fuses, and reinstalled next day to reset. Well no more checking but only feel cold air blowing. TB recirculating button flashes a few times when engaged, then stops. At this point the display screen changes to shows ext air temp. Air blows out defrost and floor vents regardless what seating.
I pulled the dash apart to get to recirculating actuator. I disconnected recirculating actuator and closed the outside air vent, located passenger side above blower fan wheel.
what suggestion’s do you have?
Thanks much
Timber

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No matter if the recirc door is open or not, if you command hot, it should be blowing hot. More than likely it was the temperature blend actuators that were clicking and after trying to do a relearn with the fuse pull, have completely died. Probably the Defrost blend actuator is also dead. Check the following post with the diagram and part numbers.

As far as the recirc light flashing, it might have been staying in the fresh position and not wanting to go to recirc because either it doesn't do it if in defrost or not able to because the other blend doors aren't working. I'm pretty sure there are some instances where it will do this.

Realism

Nov 25, 2015
Idaho
No matter if the recirc door is open or not, if you command hot, it should be blowing hot. More than likely it was the temperature blend actuators that were clicking and after trying to do a relearn with the fuse pull, have completely died. Probably the Defrost blend actuator is also dead. Check the following post with the diagram and part numbers.

As far as the recirc light flashing, it might have been staying in the fresh position and not wanting to go to recirc because either it doesn't do it if in defrost or not able to because the other blend doors aren't working. I'm pretty sure there are some instances where it will do this.
Mooseman here is right. Them darn blend door actuators, one would think they would not use plastic on the gears.

Reactions: mrrsm

Timber

Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
Rust belt
Removed the old and in with the new $150 later. I shake my head as I think of the time and items that must be removed to R & R the temp blend actuators.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online

No members online now.