Know a good Jeep website?

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Anyone know a decent Jeep website/Forum??

The lady of the house (hers) just bought herself a 2016 Cherokee TrailHawk. Looks like I need to learn to speak Jeep as there are a dozen or so codes to deal with.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Jeep Garage is one, Jeep Forum is another. Neither compare to this forum in ease of navigation or familiarity of members. There are just so many Jeep owners out there that you never seem to talk to the same member twice but, check them out, you might not agree... :twocents:
ps Is it a Hemi?

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Are there not some codes that are universal amongst all makes and models ?

Of course there are many standard codes, some.of which are legislated for uniformity when testing emissions.

But built into the standards are providions for a good deal of manufacturer specific codes whose details are murky at best. And these can have proprietary information. Can even be inaccessible by aftermarket scanner I have heard.

AmpOverload

Jul 10, 2023
USA
Anyone know a decent Jeep website/Forum??

The lady of the house (hers) just bought herself a 2016 Cherokee TrailHawk. Looks like I need to learn to speak Jeep as there are a dozen or so codes to deal with.
Sorry that I don't have any Jeep experience so cannot offer any relevant advice, but (forgive me!) I couldn't resist commenting....

Sounds like you're going to be ushered into the world of CAN-protocol node communications & diagnostics (for better or worse?). :wink:

I keep hearing the theme from "The Odd Couple" in my head, with a voice-over something like: "His vehicle speaks VPW. Hers speaks CAN. Will they be able to get along?"

I've got a relative coming over soon to work on a modern Chevy (Impala), so I'm trying to brush up on my infrequently used CAN-protocol knowledge.

Here's hoping that it's a pleasant experience for you!

Reactions: TJBaker57

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJack

Members Online