SOLVED! Homelink won't open garage door. Seems to pair.

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
#1 I have the original owners manual and I am following the 8 steps. Step 8 seems to be failing. During step 8 the light on the opener blinks the first time I press the homelink button but nothing ever happens after that.

For garage door openers with a “rolling
code,” continue with the following steps:
• Firmly press the training button (usu-
ally marked “LEARN” or “SMART”) on
the garage door opener motor head
unit near the antenna.
• Within 30 seconds, press and hold
the HomeLink® transmitter button pro-
grammed in the previous steps for
two seconds.
• Press and release this button twice
more for two seconds each time.

#2 I am parked nearly under the opener (with the door disconnected).

#3 My Liftmaster opener is an older version with "Security+" not "Security+ 2.0".

Note: My opener has a purple learn button, the newer ones have a yellow learn button.

#4 I spoke with Liftmaster, they said it should just work and that a compatibility bridge won't work with my opener.

2004 GMC Envoy XUV

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Yep, when I had my Voy I could program my two Chamberlain doors but, could never get my son's Liftmaster to program no matter what I tried.

Last edited:

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
SOLVED!

#1 It's a chamberlain HD900D opener with purple learn button. I spoke with Chamberlain, not liftmaster and they were no help.

#2 The most important detail is the fact that the opener light blinked.

#3 The instructions that came with the vehicle are wrong!

When you are training the homelink with the remote, that's when you press the button on the remote for 2 seconds 3 times.

Once that is done and you are pairing the vehicle with the opener, you just press the button in the vehicle until the opener light blinks and you are done.

Solution

I cleared all the codes from the opener and retrained all the remotes and the vehicle paired up easily.

Though the opener came with 2 already paired remotes and I had never added another until trying to add this vehicle, apparently all 8 slots were filled.

I bought a Chamberlain MC100-P2 universal keychain remote and when I went to pair it up it did exactly the same thing as the vehicle did. The light on the opener blinked but the door never opened.

After some research it was either a bad control board, which is no longer available so I'd have to replace a working garage door opener, or all 8 of the remote slots where filled. Since the latter cost nothing I tried the reset and it worked.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online