Envoy-Rainier Headlight mount panel interchange

Gutless

Original poster
May 27, 2014
I had joined another site and was directed here since its more knowlegeable so here it goes for the second time, haha!

Bought a 04 5.3 rainier for my winter car. It smacked a deer and took out the bumper, AC condensor, rad, hood, grill, headlights, and random plastic stuff. Luckily the body shop that I got it from who gave up on it already got a bumper cover. Headlights are easy to get, rad and condesnor is easy, hood is available 200 miles from me.

In my quest to find parts diagrams I was super frustrated I couldnt find anything. Spent 4-5 hours between car-part, rockauto, amazon, gmpartsdirect and one of those GM online parts manuals trying to find what parts I was missing. When I fixed my firebird there was everything for 4th gens but nothing good for these 360s. Then I joined here and found the parts manual in the how to section and it helped.

What I thought is every 360 minus the rainier used the same plastic headlight to core support panel. What the parts manual on here I found shows that a rainier and envoy have what appears to be the same panel. The part number is different, 15195745 for envoy and 15133124 for rainier. But I can get an envoy one new off rockauto for $43 or $25 off Amazon, a used rainier one is $175 and 300 miles away, new rainier is 260.

Anybody verify that the envoy and rainier share the headlight mount panel? If it doesnt fit perfect is no problem, I can come up with little brackets or mounts but I want it to be close it possible. Only difference I kinda see is that the inside lock slider on the envoy one looks to be 10 degrees from vertical where I think a rainier is perfectly horizontal.

Help me fix my junk, I dont want to drive my cutlass or firebird this winter, haha.

Gutless

Original poster
May 27, 2014
Yeah, autoguide tends to do that. I scan yellowbullet from time to time and they got bought out, it really went down hill. I dont think any autoguide site is sucessful. Im just lucky that the two sites I read daily are privately owned.

Going back to the body shop is not really possible. They bought it as an insurance auction and gave up on it. Its 250 miles away from me and they did mostly import stuff. I think they were at an insurance auction and bid on it. Got home and realized they had too many projects or were in over their head.

Gutless

Original poster
May 27, 2014
Big reason I bought this too is I bought hptuners when I did my l67 swap into my firebird and have 6 credits left. Free tuning and a 3400 stall PTC converter hanging out in the garage in an AWD vehicle with a posi and 3.73's should be fun.

Have a thing where I cant drive boring cars. Fixed a 00 durango this winter break with a blown motor, I really only had experience doing GM stuff and basically that removed all interest id ever have in doing another dodge, wow what a piece of garbage. Haha...

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Gutless said:
Only difference I kinda see is that the inside lock slider on the envoy one looks to be 10 degrees from vertical where I think a rainier is perfectly horizontal.
Good eye. They are very similar but the holes where the headlight harness pass through are also different (though that's probably not too hard to work around). Looking at how different the headlight assemblies themselves are I wouldn't be suprised if there more subtle differences you won't catch in pictures to not make it worth gambling $50. Honestly if the headlight mounts are not compatible it's never going to be right. Just my :twocents:

Gutless

Original poster
May 27, 2014
Yeah, its tempting but I havnt got a direct answer so im guessing nobody has tried it. Kinda annoying how easy TB/envoy parts are to get and how darn near impossible it is to get Rainier parts from the salvage yard or rockauto.

If the outer clips were for sure in the same spots I would take a chance and just cut and fiberglass the inner clip location where it needs to be if it saves me $150 but if the outer ones arent for sure identical I hate to take the chance.

mnmgirl8304

Nov 29, 2023
Missouri
Yeah, its tempting but I havnt got a direct answer so im guessing nobody has tried it. Kinda annoying how easy TB/envoy parts are to get and how darn near impossible it is to get Rainier parts from the salvage yard or rockauto.

If the outer clips were for sure in the same spots I would take a chance and just cut and fiberglass the inner clip location where it needs to be if it saves me $150 but if the outer ones arent for sure identical I hate to take the chance.
Did you ever get this figured out? Are the parts similar enough to be interchanged? We are in the same boat with my daughters car right now and not wanting to spend $400 for this part.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The headlight header panel is specific to each model of the GMT360...

They can be had used if you can find one in a salvage yard.

Theres at least one on eBay..

Looks like they are still available new.. But pricey!
Amazon
GM
eBay

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online