Email notifications

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I've been missing a number of notifications over the last few months, comes in waves...they go to spam, even after I keep sending them to inbox.

Is there a way to make all GMTNation emails safe for inbox?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
For me, hotmail ended up blocking all of them, and I didnt have a choice... I had to get them sent over to gmail.

Reactions: Mooseman

flyboy2610

Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
You will probably need to open up your email program, and find the spam settings. There should be an option to "whitelist" a website or domain, such as gmtnation.com. Where to find the setting I couldn't tell you, as email programs from different providers will have it in different spots.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Is it only certain notifications or all of them? I get limited notifications, only for PM's and those seem to come through fine. However I have my own domain, don't use those free email services except for backup.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Not sure if you are talking to me or @gmcman , but for me, it blocked everything, and I have the domain in the safe list.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I was talking to @gmcman but I appreciate your answer too. Very strange that Hotmail did that however I had the same issues sending to Hotmail/Outlook from my private domain. Flagged it as spam for no reason other than my web host was on a single obscure block list. Could be the same reason for this site. No problems sending to Gmail.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJack