DJM Upper Control Arm Grease Question

Snailblazin'

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
The modified DJM UCAs landed on my doorstep and I'm assembling them as per the supplied instructions and I've come across a quandary and mayhap one of the nation can steer me straight and true. They come with zerk fittings that need to be installed on the pivot tube and allow grease (what type?) to penetrate the bushing surface and the control arm bolts within the bushing sleeve (that I had to drill through, also as per provided instructions). I was under the impression that poly bushings like a silicone-based grease and the arms came with two tiny packets of generic silicone grease, am I supposed to smear that shizz over the outer surface of the bushing and hope it makes it between the pivot tube and the bushing? Because the hole the arms came with passes through the bushing into the sleeve wouldn't I foul the poly bushing by using an oil-based grease a la the provided zerk? Am I over-thinking this? At $450 delivered and 6 weeks delivery time I'd rather not find out the hard way that I just bollixed the whole works with the wrong grease.

*Silicone grease in a grease gun? Maybe I answered my own question...more of a sanity check I guess.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
they are poly bushings. less sensitive to petroleum based lube than rubber is, you can use pretty much anything on it. i use mobile 1 synthetic because that's what I have laying around

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Synthetic is the answer :yes:

Snailblazin'

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Cool, thanks for the help. I was totally over thinking it but that's my way. I'll shoot Tony an email JIC, I'm sure he's sick to death of seeing my name in his inbox!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online