Big midwest meet for 2014-any ideas?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Comments? Suggestions??

Thinking maybe we could have the meet at the Auburn IN auction park. Right off I 69 north of ft wayne. Hotels near by....acd car museum......

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Boo, Big West? East of the sipi? Or Midwest? Somewhere with some fire or access trails

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
It'll save so much more gas. No worries.

I vote before summer starts, unless camping is an option.
Maybe a big city for a friday night cruise? Convoy and take up the whole direction.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like the location, but am open to suggestions.

Thought on spring campout at my property in SE IN but its not a great setup for this meet.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
How about my house, I got a lot of lift stuff to put on. No trails here but I'll turn the garden hose on in the yard for a bit if it'll help

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Grimor said:
How about my house, I got a lot of lift stuff to put on. No trails here but I'll turn the garden hose on in the yard for a bit if it'll help[/QUO Alright! SS Mud Races FTW. There goes the tranny.:wootwoot:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm good with almost anywhere. It'll come down to when it is exactly however and what all is going on then.

Grimor said:
as long as it's not raining, I hate rain

What, you didn't like this past one's weather? :raspberry:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Since I have my new job...with no seniority....hopefully we can get a date set sometime so I can put vacation in.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Well if we do it the the weekend of the 17th of may, I won't be around. Hosting a candlelight bowl for my lodge. Other than that, I think I can work any other date out.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
:bump:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Pretty much anything looks good for me still but let's not let it get too close or I won't be able to put the time off request in (I figure I'll need Friday off again like last year).

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:
Pretty much anything looks good for me still but let's not let it get too close or I won't be able to put the time off request in (I figure I'll need Friday off again like last year).

Just take it off anyway...:doh:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Alright folks, lets get a poll up and get some thoughts on what works. Mods, help us out here please.

May 3-4
May 17-18
May 31-June 1
June 7-8
June 21-22
June 28-29

Those weekends allow us to to miss Mothers Day, Memorial Day, and Fathers Day weekends.

I am pretty much open at this point. I am thinking that the Friday night pre meet could be dinner in Fort Wayne and then hit up a Friday night Tin Caps baseball game. It is inexpensive, the beer is cold and decently priced, and there are fireworks every Friday night. Just a thought.... The only Fridays that there are home games are May 2nd and 23rd.

Saturday meet can be a cook out like we have done in the past. IT is close enough that I can bring my grill, and would be glad to man it again. Although it looked like my replacement at the last Midwest meet did a tremendous job! Like Jeff mentioned, Auburn offers a lot of hotels and restaurants, or is less then 30 mins from Fort Wayne. I am glad to help put some things together if needed.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
All of May is no good for me. Since my job has cut back all benefits including health care and 401k, I only get one week vacation now and I'm using it in May to visit my family in Aruba. I can't take off 2 wknds a month anymore either, so if this is in May then I'll just catch everybody next year.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
All of May is no good for me. Since my job has cut back all benefits including health care and 401k, I only get one week vacation now and I'm using it in May to visit my family in Aruba. I can't take off 2 wknds a month anymore either, so if this is in May then I'll just catch everybody next year.

One week vacation! Tight arse bastards!!!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Matt said:
One week vacation! Tight arse bastards!!!

Yea, they cut me off pretty hard. With the way things are around here, I have no choice but to stay put for now. New things might be on the horizon though. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Regulator said:
Alright folks, lets get a poll up and get some thoughts on what works. Mods, help us out here please.

May 3-4
May 17-18
May 31-June 1
June 7-8
June 21-22
June 28-29

Those weekends allow us to to miss Mothers Day, Memorial Day, and Fathers Day weekends.

I am pretty much open at this point. I am thinking that the Friday night pre meet could be dinner in Fort Wayne and then hit up a Friday night Tin Caps baseball game. It is inexpensive, the beer is cold and decently priced, and there are fireworks every Friday night. Just a thought.... The only Fridays that there are home games are May 2nd and 23rd.

Saturday meet can be a cook out like we have done in the past. IT is close enough that I can bring my grill, and would be glad to man it again. Although it looked like my replacement at the last Midwest meet did a tremendous job! Like Jeff mentioned, Auburn offers a lot of hotels and restaurants, or is less then 30 mins from Fort Wayne. I am glad to help put some things together if needed.

Is there a poll for this yet? I'm probably out for June 7-8, June 21-22. I think most of the other dates work so far.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I can do june 7th and 8th....or june 21st and 22nd.I work every weekend you put on the poll besides these 2. Since I started the new job I have now I only have 20 hrs vacation. Lol So hopefully u pick june so Juan and I can attend. If not have fun.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Pfft... Who wants you SSers there anyways. :raspberry:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
the 31rst-1rst work for me as do the 7th-8th... or any other date in June for that matter...

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
C'mon guys..vote for which day. I am the lowest guy on the totem pole at work and need to put in for vacation and find out what dates I need off.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Just to clarify, where exactly? Or just getting a date set? Depending where, I'm game for Fri/Sat.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
Just to clarify, where exactly? Or just getting a date set? Depending where, I'm game for Fri/Sat.

I believe, Ft Wayne, IN.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
:iagree:

I don't think the exact locations there have been decided but it sounds like that is the likely area we'll be in.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:bump: HELLLLLLO

any progress with this yet? It's already February and looks like we're less then 3 months away from hitting some of the dates that were voted for. Are we still doing this?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Is this a repeat of last year?? C'mon peeps I need to know dates.....

cyberpunk

Apr 12, 2013
I would love to meet so e of the poeple on here that have helped me out. Indiana is only 2 hours away for me so not out of the question just would need firm date.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Ok so June won the poll then. Gonna request the time off on Monday. Lets get it going midwest peeps!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online