An ACTUAL 4.2L to 5.3L Engine Swap Overview...

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
The VOP provides only Three Videos of his GMT360 LL8 4,2L to 5.3L Engine Swap and explains some of his creative solutions to the issues he encountered.. along with identifying a few problems that developed along the way. I Wish these Videos were MUCH More Comprehensive... But... We have to take what we can in the way of the *Slim Pickings* available on this topic in order to glean whatever there is to be learned from this experience. As you can see... Videos such as THESE do emerge online from time to time:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3 : Fifteen Minute Epilogue

Last edited:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Love engine swaps but, seems foolish to go through all this when you can buy what you are creating right off the lot.
I guess as motorheads we just can’t help ourselves sometimes :bonk:

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This Job REALLY is... Quite The Challenge... and the fact that he is using a unique combination of Computer Engine Controls and managed to branch out into the F-Body Stuff to solve some of his issues is very interesting.

Since my 2000 (Y2K) "Blue Beast" Silverado 1500 has the Cable Controlled Throttle Body that he wants... I can easily identify with WHY he wants to get rid of the "Throttle By Wire" Stuff and get back to BASICS. Now he's got a way to continue using his GMT360... with a New Lease On Life for Power & Performance with that 4L80 Transmission and that 4:10 S/S Rear End... and Who Knows... Perhaps even a Tune if things go well for him.

I Wish Him ALL The Best!

Reactions: northcreek

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syntaxmaciah

Members Online