speaker size

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
What size speakers are in the trailblazer doors. I think there 6" round ones.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If you do not have the Bose system, then you've got 6.5" in all 4 doors.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Blckshdw said:

Uh oh.. my SS must be one of a kind then.. my fronts were 6.5" and my rears were 5 1/4" :undecided: and I don't hve BOSE

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
Blckshdw said:

Thanks I blew out my stock right front. It's really quite what a blown speaker sounds like. I will probably go with pioneer. :smile:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Boricua SS said:
Uh oh.. my SS must be one of a kind then.. my fronts were 6.5" and my rears were 5 1/4" :undecided: and I don't hve BOSE

2 words my man, weight reduction!! :crackup:

GregT said:
Thanks I blew out my stock right front. It's really quite what a blown speaker sounds like. I will probably go with pioneer. :smile:

All 4 of mine were blown when I first bought my truck :hissyfit:, so I dropped some entry level Kenwoods in. :cool:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
2 words my man, weight reduction!! :crackup:

touche my friend! :tiphat::rotfl:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
entry level Kenwoods in. :cool:
GregT said:
I will probably go with pioneer. :smile:
IDK, I'd have to recommend Infinity. :thumbsup:

(these are what I bought to put in the four doors of my Tahoe)

[EBAY]290660271559[/EBAY]

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
IDK, I'd have to recommend Infinity. :thumbsup:

(these are what I bought to put in the four doors of my Tahoe)

[EBAY]290660271559[/EBAY]

I went with the pioneers man. I checked them out at best buy they sound pretty good. I thought my stock ones were good. These will be better yet. I didn't want to spend a lot. I paid 32.00 a pair on amazon. :smile:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
So what's the bose size speakers man? My rears blew out and the paycheck is coming in soon woot woot :redface:

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
fadyasha said:
So what's the bose size speakers man? My rears blew out and the paycheck is coming in soon woot woot :redface:

Bose is an upgrade speaker system than the regular stock. They come from the factory with an amp built in and I believe there 6 speakers there are 2 in the dash by the windshield. More than likely you have the regular factory stereo.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
GregT said:
Bose is an upgrade speaker system than the regular stock. They come from the factory with an amp built in and I believe there 6 speakers there 2 in the dash in the windshield. More than likly you have the regular factory stereo. There chould be put in any model more than likely would be in a LT or an LTZ model. Usually it says bose on your radio

lol! Think should of made my message clearer. Yes, I got Bose and built in AMP. I got the LTZ model and both rear door speakers blew out. So wondering what the size is. I didn't know non-bose and bose have different size speakers.

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
fadyasha said:
lol! Think should of made my message clearer. Yes, I got Bose and built in AMP. I got the LTZ model and both rear door speakers blew out. So wondering what the size is. I didn't know non-bose and bose have different size speakers.

I'm not sure if they are indeed a diffrant size in the back. I don't have Bose. My guess would be there the same size as the front. I don't understand why smaller speaker in the back. Like the guy said in the post it may have been replaced earlier with a smaller Speaker. Unless that's what they did with Bose. Sorry not much help I'm unfamiliar with speaker size on those. Bose speaker system was just an upgrade for a selling point at the dealership My opinion an after market system just as good if not better.

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
GregT said:
I'm not sure if they are indeed a diffrant size in the back. I don't have Bose. My guess would be there the same size as the front. I don't understand why smaller speaker in the back. Like the guy said in the post it may have been replaced earlier with a smaller Speaker. Unless that's what they did with Bose. Sorry not much help I'm unfamiliar with speaker size on those. Bose speaker system was just an upgrade for a selling point at the dealership My opinion an after market system just as good if not better.

Heres some on ebay,

ebay.com/itm/07-Trailblazer-SS-BOSE-Speaker-Assembly-REAR-Door-/140678602187?pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr&hash=item20c1191dcb

ebay.com/itm/Bose-Factory-GM-Front-door-subwoofer-trailblazer-/260937392693?pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cc114a235

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Here's what I have for sizes.

Non bose in my 03 - diameter of the "whole" speaker was measured

Front

59c4219e.jpg

Rear

fc2a2b75.jpg

Bose in another members 05 - diameter of the "cone" was measured

Front door

IMG_3143Small.jpg