Whining from underneath.

wesman43

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
I am no expert whatsoever, but I know something isn't right. It used to only whine like this when I had some sort of four wheel drive engaged, now it's all the time. When I accelerate between 30-45mph it has a intermittent whine. It changes pitch/dissappears when the trans down-shifts. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. However, right before the trans shifts, it makes like several whines in rapid succession. This is worrying me because I am dumping money into this car like no other and I just want everything to be fine for once >.> Truck has 96k and it's an '05. I have checked the trans-fluid and it looks fine, and isn't low. So what do you think it could be? This is really worrying me :yikes::faint::faint:

nopaybob

Apr 3, 2013
wesman43 said:
I am no expert whatsoever, but I know something isn't right. It used to only whine like this when I had some sort of four wheel drive engaged, now it's all the time. When I accelerate between 30-45mph it has a intermittent whine. It changes pitch/dissappears when the trans down-shifts. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. However, right before the trans shifts, it makes like several whines in rapid succession. This is worrying me because I am dumping money into this car like no other and I just want everything to be fine for once >.> Truck has 96k and it's an '05. I have checked the trans-fluid and it looks fine, and isn't low. So what do you think it could be? This is really worrying me :yikes::faint::faint:

Is it even possible for everything to be fine at the same time?
You've checked the trans fluid, What about axle fluid levels, bearings, u-joints
"several whines in rapid succession" an actuator or a torque converter,I dunno?

wesman43

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
nopaybob said:
Is it even possible for everything to be fine at the same time?
You've checked the trans fluid, What about axle fluid levels, bearings, u-joints
"several whines in rapid succession" an actuator or a torque converter,I dunno?

I just changed front and rear diff fluids, as well as transfer case. Time to crack open the haynes manual. It's about time I greased everything anyways. And naw, everything shouldn't be fine at the same time LOL I just didn't figure I'd put THIS much into it but that's what owning a car is about. Most of it is preventative, and some is repair. Costing me like 1/2 my damn paycheck lmao. I love these trucks and they are "running deep" - into my pockets :tongue: but it's worth it. Should I just have a shop look at it? Or should I not really worry about it since it doesn't happen except only 1/3 of the time?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online