Replaced my radio...

tcjack

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
I have an 04 TB, had a AM/FM with CD in dash. CD quit working and bought a unit out of an 05 TB looked exactly the same but has a cassette as well.

Fits into the slot and wired up easily but was locked so had to go to the dealer to get him to unlock it. After left the dealership noticed that the max volume is not really very high. Is this something that is programmable and the dealer should have adjusted or is it because the amp in this unit is not as strong as what I had. No distortion, just won't get very loud.

Thanks for your help!

tcjack

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Me007gold said:
Do you have bose? is the radio you bought lux or non-lux?

Both are standard equipment so I assume Delco. The newer one with low volume is out of a 2005 while I drive a 2004. Don't know what lux means.

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Many many moons ago I replaced my OEM 6 disc BOSE head unit with a GM OEM Nav unit. When I did this (2005? 2006?) I was one of the maybe 5 people out there that had done this upgrade. I learned a lot.

My point: I remember back then somebody, or more than 1 person, having the issue you had. The remedy that I remember was to reinstall the old head unit and turn the volume to MAX. Leave it that way, turn car off, replace stereo with NEW one.

I know it sounds stupid but it worked for the persons having the same issue as you. If you leave the old headunit's volume at MAX then install the new headunit, you will get MAX volume. Explain that one, because I cant! :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online