Removal front headrest 2003 TrailBlazer

Chevy4ever

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
Hi guys, I purchased some universal coat hangers that are mounted on the headrests. In order to insal them, I ned to remove the headrests, slide the hanger on one of the legs of the rest and put everything back in its place.

Is there a way of removing hem? It seems that besides the release button that enables you to raise or lower the headrest, there is nothing else that can be removed, pressed, flipped or unclipped.It is just the steels legs, sitting in some plastic round foot and soem sort of metal spring clamp around it.

Thanks in advance!

Eelco

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I've never done it, but there are supposedly some tiny (1-2mm) holes on the plastic piece that you can insert a paper clip into the allow full removal. Push the wire into the hole while also pressing the other release button.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That is it exactly. Easy once you do it.

Chevy4ever

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
Thanks guys, worked like a charm!

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Chevy4ever said:
Thanks guys, worked like a charm!
Good to see it worked.

The_Roadie said:
I've never done it, but there are supposedly some tiny (1-2mm) holes on the plastic piece that you can insert a paper clip into the allow full removal. Push the wire into the hole while also pressing the other release button.
Or buy some overpriced Spent-More (oops, Kent Moore) tool :rotfl:. I was curious as to how much a pair of their relay pliers cost that are mentioned in a service manual. Prices range from $40-80 online. For a pair of pliers that has a shape that's different from "normal" pliers, but is in no way special. Or, you can use your hand and save $40-80 + shipping. :rotfl:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I would assume the same as all the other GMT360.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Ahhh I see now that the TrailBlazer is not the same as my Yukon rear set headrests! I had previously not looked.

And further this thread states for the "Front" headrests. My Yukon rear headrests have the plastic piece and small hole. The Trailblazer does not.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online

No members online now.