Non-Windows - Non- Creative Labs Drivers for Old Audigy 2 ZS Sound Cards

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I was browsing Old Computer Hardware for updating the "Plain Jane" Sound Card inside my Dell Precision T7500 Server MOBO to update my Multi-Media Center and I ran across an Excellent Deal on a Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS and SB0250 Internal Hub Plus Sound Card Combo to be used on my Linux Mint Ver. 21.1 "Vera" OS in lieu of using anything related to Windows.

The problem most End Owners of this "Old Hardware" will have is the result of the dust up that occurred between Gamers and Other Folk who appreciated having these cards producing 7.1 Surround Sound in High Definition and what ended up was their having a Dearth of Drivers that Windows and Creative Labs denied to them for the continuous use of this "Old Hardware" in order to Drive their other Sales & Service Markets on "New Hardware" and on Updated Windows Operating Systems.

Nonetheless... an intrepid Dude named "Daniel_K" produced a set of his OWN Drivers that landed him smack dab in the middle of a lawsuit with the aforesaid parties, apparently ending in an Out Of Court Settlement. In spite of THAT... "Daniel_K" managed to continue to produce and offer his FREE Sound Card Driver Set that can STILL be Downloaded.

His "Stuff" will not only support the various flavors of Windows, either natively or using VMWare... but it will ALSO support Linux Users, too. THIS Genuinely Gold Plated Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card Gear is an absolute HOOT to play around with, so if you happen to have any of these Old Creative Lab Sound Cards boxed up and put away with all your other (Y2K) Year 2000 Era Computer Goodies (or want to BUY this Gear via the current eBay Sales Offers) ...consider taking them down, dusting them off and Visiting HERE in order to GRAB Those Drivers ASAP:

THIS is another Source for Drivers that may also work better with earlier flavors of Windows...so USE WITH CAUTION and Remember to RTFIM and follow the VOPs Instructions at the Video below:

My Gear Looks A LOT Like THIS:

s-l1600K.jpgs-l16005432.pngs-l1600432.png

...and THESE Two Videos cover more aspects of This Story that may generate more interest in this hardware:

PS... I ALSO Ordered a Brand New PCMCIA Version of THIS Audigy 2 ZS Sound in the as well for use with my Dell Precision M6800 Work Station - Laptop via eBay:

PCMCIASOUNDCARD1.jpgPCMCIASOUNDCARD2.jpgPCMCIASOUNDCARD3.jpgPCMCIASOUNDCARD4.jpg

Attachments

• PCMCIASOUNDCARD5.jpg
    PCMCIASOUNDCARD5.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: christo829

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJack

Members Online