No email updates to some subscribed threads

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I am getting 1/2 to 2/3 of the thread updates for those which I am subscribed to. Any idea why I no longer get all of the updates as I previously did?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Are you depending on the emails to keep you notified of all new posts? In my experience, if you get an email, and fail to visit the thread soon after (not sure what the timer is set to) then the software suppresses further notifications for that thread only, assuming you're no longer watching or interested.

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I understand that aspect, but these are threads viewed and posted in daily, but have not recieved an email on them in a month or so. I tried unsubscribing then re-subcribing and posting to see if it kicked it back in, but no dice.

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I can't check the site's email logs for bounces, but jman can. Can you try changing your profile's email address to a different one that you can set up to forward to your main address for a while? Gmail has free forwarding. Anything getting caught in your spam filters?

Upvote 0

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
I have been missing a few threads that I have subscribed to also. I have tried a few things but I have to go looking for the threads to keep up dated.

Upvote 0

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
All my email notifications hit my hotmails junk folder.

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
They do not show up in my yahoo junk.

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Changing email did not fix the issue

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
Need jman. I'm not a powerful enough wizard. Sorry.

You could always switch to reading all new posts for a while.

Ok. I do read the new posts often enough to keep up, but like having all the notices with links right to threads I want to watch real close.

Thanks

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Checking the new posts all the time is really getting old. I wish I could get my email updates again.

I just dont understand...

I still get some emails for threads.

I tried using a different email address.

I been watching the spam folder and not finding anything.

Upvote 0

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Hardtrailz I still have the same problem still .... Certain threads I do not get updates on that I know of ,, How many other threads have I been missing I do not know ????

Upvote 0

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
I've noticed this same problem the last couple of days. Also, the emails notifications I am getting are coming in much slower than normal, sometimes hours after a post has been made. By that time I've already visited the site and made a different reply. Seems very sluggish.

Upvote 0

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I've had the same issue for a while now, but the issue I have had is when turning e-mail notifications off on subscribed threads...I'm still getting the e-mails.

Upvote 0

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
So Voymom because you shut off your notifications I and others do not get certain notifications. It is all your fault :hissyfit::hissyfit:
Just had to stir the pot :rotfl::rotfl:

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Voymom said:
I've had the same issue for a while now, but the issue I have had is when turning e-mail notifications off on subscribed threads...I'm still getting the e-mails.
If you changed your profile setting to stop automatically getting emails for NEW threads you participate in, that (I think) won't stop the PREVIOUSLY subscribed threads from emailing you. Just click on the link in every email you get to do what you want:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
LINK HERE

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
LINK HERE

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tcwest38