My 58 Delray - Anyone else with a classic?

Techhead

Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I bought this car on a whim about 6 yrs ago and have done very little with it.
It sits in my garage and when I do have time i whittle away at it.
Keeps me sane. :yes:

100_1172.jpg

Removing the 327 that it came with.
100_4551Large.jpg

Test fitting a BBB 455
100_4663Medium.jpg

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I have a '69 Squareback that I have yet to do anything with. Hopefully this summer I'll get it on the road.

VW6901.jpg

Squarehaul.jpg

VW6905.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Techhead said:
I bought this car on a whim about 6 yrs ago and have done very little with it.
It sits in my garage and when I do have time i whittle away at it.

That's awesome,lots of potential there.I had a 58 Impala,midnight blue HT with a 348 4 barrel,Turbo glide when I got it but,soon was stick.It had a badge on the dash that said "Positraction",I never saw that on any other Chevy....Mike.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Scott_mcd said:
e4agyvyg.jpg
u5yjysy6.jpg

My 1972 Chevy LUV and the 350 that's in it.

That's the best possible thing that could happen to a Luv truck....:thumbsup:

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
I've got a 73 VW Standard Beetle (Not a Superbeetle). It has the somewhat rare VW autostick, basically a 3 speed transmission. Low, 1, and 2. To shift you just let off the gas and pull her back into the gear you want. From a stop you put your foot on the brake and put it in gear just like an automatic, it has a torque converter to allow idling in gear. When shifting the pressure of you hand on the stick engages a small microswitch that engages an electric clutch. I don't have her even started yet as far as restoration goes, she needs new floorpans and the motor rebuilt and put back in. I originally thought about building a hot bug, but I'm going to keep it stock because it's worth more that way. Plus the autostick transmission isn't the best thing in the world to pair up a built motor with, a 4 speed is much better.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tcwest38

Members Online