Must be summer...

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
because it sure is quiet in here. I'm just taking a break before I tackle that effen rack. Update on that later.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Its a weekend, and thats my excuse. Get to go home and pull the fuel tank on the Saturn... YAY!

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Still be quiet in here. Not even spammers :laugh:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
2da4a232e8d72ca258c5c569af0bf85d87fd855d.jpeg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I don't have a GM product anymore...nothing to fix. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: northcreek

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nice of you to hang around despite bailing out on the brand :biggrin:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Aside from the AFM lifters dropping out on the tahoe, the only one giving fits of rage is the 22 f150. It's got a list of recalls and TSBs longer than most of my shopping lists. Youd think that by 2022 ford would've figured out how to keep windshield wiper arms from flying off a truck... yeah, nope. :tongue:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's what happens when you go.to the dark side :satan:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Sorry, gang... I'm back on the road with my trailer, scouting out where I want to be for next year's total solar eclipse (the prior one in N. America (2017), had me trapped in a football stadium in Carbondale, IL, while a passing cloud knocked out all but the last 10 sec of totality.

To add insult to injury, Bill Nye 'the science guy' was on the jumbotron from a remote location telling us just how great the eclipse was. I wanted to strangle his pre-recorded ass.

This time, I plan to be in an open area where I can move if clouds are in the area.
Sadly, cloud cover obscuring eclipses is a common thing, as I learned. Like > 50% probability.

Next year's eclipse (April 8) will be the last 'total' in N. America until 2033 (and you'll have to be at the very tip-top of Alaska to see that one). The next one after that, in 2044, will only be visible in northern / western Canada. I'll be dead by then, so next year is my last real chance in N. America.

What can I say? I'm a science / astronomy geek... 🤓

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Youd think that by 2022 ford would've figured out how to keep windshield wiper arms from flying off a truck... yeah, nope.
The reason they can't is because the Ford "think tank" is trying to figure out why the truck keeps flying off the windshield wiper arms... :undecided: :undecided: :undecided::undecided:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Or quality is job #2? Even their CEO said they have a quality problem.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
All I have to say is my $36k colorado has all around better fit finish and quality control than that $90k f150. It's actually laughable. The things the Ford guys put up with... I really wonder how it's the best selling truck in N/A.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJack