Lowering rear to level?

Limestone

Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
I have a 05 tb LT 4wd, power and leather everything. I want to lower the rear to match the front stock height with stock 245\65\17r. From my measurements it looks like 2" difference. Has anyone found the most economical way to achieve it? Truck needs rear shocks also so I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck. Not looking to jeopardize the 4wd, I'd like to be able to use it again in snowmeggedon part 2 lol. Thanks!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Limestone said:
I have a 05 tb LT 4wd, power and leather everything. I want to lower the rear to match the front stock height with stock 245\65\17r. From my measurements it looks like 2" difference. Has anyone found the most economical way to achieve it? Truck needs rear shocks also so I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck. Not looking to jeopardize the 4wd, I'd like to be able to use it again in snowmeggedon part 2 lol. Thanks!

I swear more folks lift the front to level it out.

As far as lowering, get ahold of Tony, norcalSS, and get some belltech's. You don't want to cheap out on suspension parts. :no:

fishcreek

Jan 15, 2014
Subscribed.

I plan the same for my TB. Measuring closely, it is an inch diference for an EXT.

Might have to do a 2" drop on rear and inch on the front to get it levelled.

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
I used the Ground Force 1085 rear springs a few years ago to do just that: 2" drop in the rear to level out the truck--looks great, rides fine. Had to cut the bump-stops but nothing else changes (OEM shocks still fit). You might have some luck on eBay or the classifieds here. Or even contact Ground Force and see if they could put you in touch with a distributor. Other manufacturers may have picked up the slack but I haven't looked.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
500 pounds of audio equipment in the way back has worked for some members. :rotfl:

fishcreek

Jan 15, 2014
AtlWrk said:
I used the Ground Force 1085 rear springs a few years ago to do just that: 2" drop in the rear to level out the truck--looks great, rides fine.

Any pictures of it :smile:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Playsinsnow said:
I swear more folks lift the front to level it out.

As far as lowering, get ahold of Tony, norcalSS, and get some belltech's. You don't want to cheap out on suspension parts. :no:

This would be your best bet, Tony knows a lot about dropping these things.

the roadie said:
500 pounds of audio equipment in the way back has worked for some members. :rotfl:

Leafs in the back of my old s10 blazer never sagged with that much weight. I will say though I did find it funny that the trucks back end went up 1/2" when I dropped the rear tire when installing the lift.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online