Knitters... Dont be ashamed, because I'm sure knot!

Conner299

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
First off, yes, I am a man. Second, I do enjoy it. I don't consider myself a prepper, but have always tried to learn anything that would help me out, in that kind of situation. Think about it... Craft stores will be one of the last things to be raided. If you can knit, you can make warm clothes. Besides that, it helps distract me from all the Bravo and E!, that the wife watches. I actually taught myself by downloading "Knitting for Dummies", on Kindle. That, and a lot of YouTube videos. To get the technique down, I started easy, with scarves. I even learned how to dye yarn with Kool-Aid. Tonight I finished my hardest project, to date... The first half, of a pair of socks. It fits perfect, and is super comfy!

Attachments

• IMG_20131113_224452_606.jpg
    IMG_20131113_224452_606.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 9

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Conner299 said:
First off, yes, I am a man. Second, I do enjoy it. I don't consider myself a prepper, but have always tried to learn anything that would help me out, in that kind of situation. Think about it... Craft stores will be one of the last things to be raided. If you can knit, you can make warm clothes. Besides that, it helps distract me from all the Bravo and E!, that the wife watches. I actually taught myself by downloading "Knitting for Dummies", on Kindle. That, and a lot of YouTube videos. To get the technique down, I started easy, with scarves. I even learned how to dye yarn with Kool-Aid. Tonight I finished my hardest project, to date... The first half, of a pair of socks. It fits perfect, and is super comfy!

Your knitting is very knice....:biggrin:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
:thumbsup:

I think its cool that you taught yourself and enjoy doing it. Looks nice!

Now can you create something and then knit a gmtnation.com logo on it? :biggrin:

Conner299

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
MichEnvoyGuy said:
:thumbsup:

I think its cool that you taught yourself and enjoy doing it. Looks nice!

Now can you create something and then knit a gmtnation.com logo on it? :biggrin:

That's a whole different technique, called carrying the yarn, I believe. Where you can use multiple colors, and not have them be seen, until needed. Its definitely on the list, though. Think 1970's style toboggan... Super thick, with the big ol' pompom on top. Red and white stripes, running vertically, and the GMTNation logo in blue, on the part that flips up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tcwest38

Members Online