It's time

vipergg

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
After many years since 2010 it was time to get rid of the Izuzu Ascender . It was a great car
but it was just starting to nickle dime my son to death . It still ran well when you were not having something fixed .Motor was still great , burned zero oil between changes . The tranny was still good . Lately though it went through2 starters at $350 a piece . Left my son stranded in another city the first time andwe had to go get him. All in all though it was probably my favorite vehicle ever even though it was the base model . It was strange , they installed power locks on it but it did not have a fob , you had to open the doors with the key . Some were actually made that way and the BCM
would not support a fob , believe me I tried . It was RWD but never had any issue getting thru upstate NY winters . towed the boat great . Had 170000 miles on it and I let my son trade it in for his car . Someone will probably get a good beater car . Has a new starter , all 4 tires are practically brand new , just replaced the windshield washer pump on it too . The car itself was identical to the GMC Envoy inside . Can't find deals like I got when I bought the car anymore. It was a 2008 and I bought it in 2010 and it had 2078 miles on it and I paid $17000 for it . the sticker was almost 29000 as I have the sticker . My only regret is that GM did not continue the line . Would have bought another one in a heartbeat if it still had the I6 in it .
I don't know what you call that thing they call a Trailblazer now . May look at a Traverse for the wife in the spring , the old version where you can get a V6 in it .

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Stay away from the Traverse with the 3.6. Craptastic POS. The only thing I would buy from GM right now is the TurboMax 2.7 in the full size GMT trucks, the BabyMax in the full size trucks and SUV's, and of course the Duramax.

Its why I bought a Rivian.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I don't know what you call that thing they call a Trailblazer now . May look at a Traverse for the wife in the spring , the old version where you can get a V6 in it .
Recently bought a 2023 Blazer as my wife's ride . The RS comes standard with the V6 and we love it.
This is my 3rd 3.6 powered vehicle and contrary to popular opinion mine have been great well past 100 k miles. Like any modern engine, don't let them get low on oil .. :twocents:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And maintenance. Don't go with the OLM, do shorter intervals. They don't want your ride to last forever.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online