Head unit installed

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i see you got eveything figured out :thumbsup: nice and clean looking...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
can you come take pictures of my truck, your head unit pics are better than my truck pics lol Very Nice Install :thumbsup:

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Looks good as far as I can see but we need more pictures from more angles :smile:

I like the idea of the flip out for a few reasons:

1. Security - Less tempting to thieves if they don't see a big screen through your front windows, might not even realize it's got one.
2. Size - Gives a nice little cubby hole when using a single din receiver, lots of possibilities to put in there.
3. Flexible Control - A lot of them I have seen can function without having the screen out/up so that you can use basic CD and radio controls by touch without having to stare at a touch screen while driving.

There are downsides to be sure, but if I was going to swap my OEM radio out I'd seriously consider this type of head unit.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
What kind of HU is that and how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Jensen Phase Linear UV8 or 7 I put one in my friends silverado. Almost Positive unless Jensen switched everything around lol

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Jensen Phase Linear UV8 or 7 I put one in my friends silverado. Almost Positive unless Jensen switched everything around lol

see I bought a jenson off eBay a couple of years ago and the head unit looks great...ties in with the truck very nice and almost looks like a stock HU which is what I wanted but it gives me problems quite often..i dont know if I got a lemon or if its the brand or kind I got i dont know. I looked up what I got before I got it and it had great reviews also

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I had a Jensen UV 7inch IN DASH in my 2000 explorer when I turned 16 saved up for that thing lol right now my friend is using it in His Pontiac vibe actually throwing all new kickers in tomorrow the touchscreen has a little dead spot but still no big deal the thing is almost 6 years old and has been in 3 cars think you got a lemon lol.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
I had a Jensen UV 7inch IN DASH in my 2000 explorer when I turned 16 saved up for that thing lol right now my friend is using it in His Pontiac vibe actually throwing all new kickers in tomorrow the touchscreen has a little dead spot but still no big deal the thing is almost 6 years old and has been in 3 cars think you got a lemon lol.

lol yeah thats just my kind of luck :frown: What do you guys think of JVC? Or should I stay away from them?

Sorry for the :hijack:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i had the Jensen/Phase Linear UV8020 double din as my first HU in the beaSSt... thing took a crap on me after 2 years...

swapped it out for the Pioneer AVH4300 and never looked back since... for me, Phase Linear is garbacho.. but to each their own as they say :crackup:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Jesus this is a full blown Hijack long answer short.

Kenwood Kenwood Kenwood best HU after that I'm not a fan of any of there speakers or amps.
Alternates-a $200 set up from ALPINE gets 45 true rms to all your door speakers all off the stock harness pretty sweet gig.

Pioneer is cool too...I guess for people that buy Blue SS's :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
STLtrailbSS said:
Jesus this is a full blown Hijack long answer short.

Pioneer is cool too...I guess for people that buy Blue SS's :biggrin:

well played sir :tiphat::crackup:..

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
that head unit is the jensen uv9 it only cost me 160 shipped to my door ill post some more pictures up tomorrow the install turned out pretty good. everything turned out pretty well i just dont like the way everything sounds with the stock speakers but going to change those out next. sorry it took so long to reply just got off work.

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
can you come take pictures of my truck, your head unit pics are better than my truck pics lol Very Nice Install :thumbsup:

thanks my girl took those before i went to work :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online