NEED HELP Brake squeak when letting off

myork831

Original poster
Dec 16, 2023
North Carolina
I have a 2009 1500 and the front brakes squeal when I let off the pedal ever since I replaced hardware and pads. I have lubricated the hardware and slide pins at least three times now and it just will not go away. It sounds like the pads are rubbing against the clips. I’m wondering if there’s something I’m doing that’s not getting the grease in there right. It’s driving me insane

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
While filming this Chevrolet Truck Typical GM -GMC Front Wheel Hub R&R Video... Right around 20 Minutes along in this Instructional... Eric "O" begins the work on performing a Complete Brake, Calipers and Pads R&R along with the replacing the requisite S/S "Glide" Hardware ...with the Added Bonus Data that you might want to know more about.

Eric "O" shows precisely WHERE to apply the Permatex Purple "Ceramic Extreme" Brake Lube in Multiple Positions and WHY doing so is necessary as well as WHERE NOT to apply this "Purple Jesus" Brake Lube. THIS Video will Teach even Accomplished and Experienced GM-GMC Mechanics among us... Some Brand New Things that are Well Worth Knowing... :>)

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online